Veneers are very thin pieces of durable, tooth shaped ceramic that covers your existing tooth. They are bonded onto the tooth to redesign and reshape your teeth and smile. It is generally indicated for misaligned teeth, severely discoloured teeth or, broken or chipped teeth.They are very durable and will last many years, giving you a beautiful long lasting smile. Proper brushing, flossing and regular dental visits will aid in the life of your new veneers.
What are the advantages of veneers and laminates?
- As against dental crowns, veneers are placed chair-side in a single visit to the dental clinic
- Tooth trimming is less when compared to crowns.
- Laminates give very good natural-like appearance.
- Lumineers can be placed without drilling as they are ultra-thin (0.2 mm)
- Lumineers are very strong and since no drilling is involved, there is no tooth sensitivity.
- They are more stain-resistant when compared to crowns.